"Ocean Raker" is a classic powerboat built by Halmatic in 1965 and based on the well-know Fairey Christina off-shore racing hull. She is in superb condition having been professionally refitted in 2015 and is ready to go for another 50 years! She has a Perkins 6354 Turbo-charged, 6 Cylinder Diesel engine producing 180 hp and sounds wonderful!
If you are looking for something very different to a standard white fibreglass boat like all the others in the marina, take a look at "Ocean Raker". She had a full survey on the hull and fittings in September 2014 and an engineer's report on the engine and gearbox in October 2014. If you are looking for something very different to a standard white fibreglass boat like all the others in the marina, take a look at "Ocean Raker".
She had a full survey on the hull and fittings in September 2014 and an engineer's report on the engine and gearbox in October 2014. The refit was completed almost entirely by professionals in Emsworth near Chichester on the South Coast
The work included:-
- Re-gelcoating the hull in dark blue. Make no mistake, this is totally different to repainting, the gelcoat is super glossy and looks like a new hull.
- Respraying the cockpit, coachroof and deck in white.
- Relaying the Tek-Dek to give a non-slip, very hard wearing, better looking than teak, maintenance free deck.
- Revarnishing or oiling all the external teak rubbing strake, toerails, handrails and cappings.
- Major engine service with numerous new parts.
- Complete re-wring and re plumbing.
- New electronics including Raymarine Colour Chartplotter and Echosounder integrated to DSC VHF Radio all mounted at the helm position.
- Reworked cockpit with new aft seat, stern-rail and backrest with teak cockpit cappings. Plus some really neat custom made fittings to enable the helm and navigator seats to swivel and face aft to make the best use of the spacious cockpit when at anchor or in the marina.
- Refitted Heads compartment with stainless steel sink with pressurised water and convenient Porta-Potti. Skin fittings and seacocks are fitted if you prefer to fit a sea toilet.
- Galley area refit included stainless steel sink with pressurised water, simple gas cooker and storage compartment.
- She is now freshly anti-fouled and sitting on her yard trailer ready to launch.