This Maldon Oyster Smack, William, was built by Howard's of Maldon in 1889. Construction is primarily Larch planking on Oak frames. The hull was sheathed in GRP by Frank Halls and Sons of Walton in 1991. The decks were replaced with two layers of plywood, epoxy sheathed, by Harman's St Osyth Boatyard in 1994.
She has a good set of sails (for cruising) and offers up to four berths in an open layout with a sea toilet between the two forward berths. She has a gas cooker and a solid fuel stove Mechanical propulsion is by four-cylinder BMC diesel. She has been used by her current, syndicate, ownership for gentle sailing and fishing under sail, with regular appearances at regattas and smack races, though she has not been raced seriously. Visit our Website : - www.EasternYachts.com
Email us: - [email protected]
Click Web Site Link
below for Full Specs, Photos & 2007 Survey