SAVE MONEY ON BERTHING, GET TO PLACES OTHERS CAN'T REACH. PRICED SENSIBLY TO SELL, PROBABLY NICEST & BEST VALUE 110 ON THE MARKET
Very clean and tidy example, of this Category A lifting keel cruiser here at Hamble Point for MS&P presentation and sale. Voted 'Top 50 Best Boats' by James Jermain.
And Yachting World said, " A great little mover under sail - The twin rudders come into their own upwind when the Southerly 110 feels as if she sails on rails "
Matthew Sheahan of Yachting World followed with " She's got what it takes to embarrass most 36' production family cruisers"
So all this and the ability to dry out upright.
Manufacturer Provided Description
Northshore commissioned Rob Humphreys with a brief to embody the established features of the Southerly range, which have proved popular over many years, in a hull and rig incorporating his latest design thinking.
The result sets very high standards of performance, versatility and sheer good looks which appeals to family and cruising yachtsmen alike. Her aft cockpit, plumb bow line and twin rudder configuration, combined with her impressive sail plan makes her a fun, fast and exhilarating yacht to sail.
Heavy duty hand laid GRP moulding with Northshores Nordseal system, incorporating multi-axial & unidirectional reinforcements. Thickness increases progressively towards the keel area. The keel box is an integral part of the hull lay up and sandwich construction stiffening runs the entire length of the topsides. All main bulkheads are bonded into the hull at the main lay-up stage.
- Ivory White Gel coat
- Red & Oxford blue boot top and style line
- Clear Gel coat below the surface
Hand laid up GRP sandwich type construction using Balsa core with ply in high stress areas where fittings are positioned. Heavily stressed areas are additionally reinforced with uni-directional GRP. The deck is bonded to the hull along the full join and to all main bulkheads resulting in a strong monocoque construction.
- Side decks moulded with 'Biscuit' coloured non slip areas.
Deck fittings & loose gear
- Wheel steering, Hide covered rim.
- Sprayhood with integrated grab handles
- Binnacle cover
- Cleats forward and aft, raised
- Spring cleats amidships with stainless steel chafe plates
- Fairleads aft
- Stainless steel stem head fitting with twin bow roller
- 'Quick' anchor windlass with dual controls on binnacle unit and removable control unit on foredeck.
- Mooring bollard
- Stainless steel pulpit incorporating nav light brackets
- Stainless steel stanchions and guardrails
- Stainless steel pushpit incorporating stern gate, navigation light bracket and ensign socket, staff and Red ensign.
- Stainless steel telescopic boarding ladder in housing incorporated into bathing platform.
- Twin stainless steel and teak seats overhanging sugar scoop on each quarter incorporated into bathing platform ( Gin and Tonic seats!)
- Fuel and water deck fillers
- Jib furler turning block to take Furlex control line, clutch on side deck.
- Mainsheet track in cockpit
- Four Spinlock rope clutches on each side for running rigging
- Two Lewmar 40 Dual speed self tailing winches at companionway
- Stainless steel grab handles on either side of coachroof
- 20 kg Rocna anchor
- 30 metres of chain , 30 metres of nylon warp.
- 3 x fire extinguishers ( One Automatic fire extinguisher in Engine Bay ) & 1 x fire blanket
- Boat Hook
- Removable teak cockpit table
- VHF cockpit speaker
- Self draining Aft cockpit
- Good access aft for boarding through transom
- Telecopic stern boarding ladder
- Shallow, drained lazerette locker to starboard
- Gas bottle storage in cockpit locker
- Cave locker in port cockpit coaming
- Perspex main hatch with washboard
- Instrument panel above hatchway
- Two winch handle pockets
- Steering pedestal
- Two safety harness eyes
- Semi balanced twin rudders
- Pedestal mounted 30" stainless steel cockpit wheel
- Whitlock Cobra system
- Single lever engine control
- Emergency steering system
- Compass guard and Lewmar 6" main steering compass
The fixed ballast is an iron casting which acts as a grounding plate and as transverse stiffening for the keel unit. It is fitted into a recess in the hull in the area of the keel box with stainless steel keel bolts. The aerofoil Swing keel is cast iron and incorporates a stainless steel pivot at the leading edge. The Swing keel is raised and lowered by a hydraulic ram powered by an electrically driven pump with a hand operated back-up. All hydraulics are easily accessible for maintenance.
- Keel control and gauge showing keel position fitted at wheel pedestal.
- Removable stainless steel pin, positioned to enable the keel to be locked in the 'up/down' position.
Yanmar 3YM30 29 hp 3 Cylinder, Fresh water cooled diesel engine.
- Reduction/reverse gear
- 60 amp alternator
- Bronze stern tube with water lubricated stern gland
- Stainless steel prop shaft
- Bronze 3 bladed prop
- Substantial skeg fitted on centreline to protect prop and rudders when boat is dried out.
- Non metallic fuel tank under cabin sole below chart table - capacity 182 litres/40 Gallons with sediment trap and water filter.
- Non-metallic water strainer with removable filter.
- 12 volt electric ventilator
- Sound deadening to engine box
- Hinge up panels at either end of engine box for access
- Engine box can be completely removed for maintenance.
Water system & Pumps
- Pressurised hot & Cold water system.
- Mixer tap to galley sink
- Mixer tap in heads compartment
- Non-metallic water tank under aft end of dinette - capacity 205 litres/45 gallons
- Hot water provided by engine calorifier unit
- Electric sump pump to shower tray
- One manual bilge pump
- One electrical submersible bilge pump.
- Transom mounted deck shower unit ( Hot & cold ) Very useful for showering after swimming or washing off sandy / muddy feet when dried out.
- 12 volt system
- 3x Heavy duty batteries charged from engine alternator, one for engine, two in parallel for domestic use.
- Isolating switches
- Cabin lighting throughout.
- Reading lights over bunks
- Chart light over nav table.
- Full navigation light system incorporating bow lights, stern light, masthead tricolour light with all round white anchor light, deck flood light and steaming light.
- Circuit breakers on main panel.
- Bow thruster with control unit on binnacle
- Selden Fractional Aluminium rig
- Internal halyards
- 1 x 19 stainless steel wire standing rigging with swage toggle-fork chrome bronze rigging screws
- Furlex 200S headsail reefing system
- Single line reefing led aft to cockpit for mainsail.
- Solid kicker with gas strut
- Kicker, main halyard, topping lift and 2 reefs led aft.
- Genoa halyard at mast
- Burgee and signal halyards
- Sail controls led aft
- Lewmar size 8 winch on mast
- Self tacking jib track
- Dacron sails
- UV protection strip to foresail
- Mainsail with four full length battens and mast roller cars
- Stack pack mainsail cover with lazy jacks.
- Radar reflector mounted on mast
Self Tacking Jib Option
This vessel enjoys the more modern and responsive, easily handled high aspect fractional rig of the 35RS. Ideal for short handed sailing and close winding tacking.
- Mainsail 33.01 sq m 355 sq ft
- Self Tacking jib 21.36 sq m 230 sq ft
Windows, Hatches & Ventilation
- Opening deck hatch, size 60, over forecabin
- Two size 1 glazed opening ports in cockpit to serve aft cabin, two small glazed hatches amidships above galley and chart table ; one small glazed opening deck hatch above saloon forward of mast step. All opening hatches fitted with insect proof mesh screens.
- Two dorade ventilators on deck serving heads and galley
- Perspex main companionway hatch
- Pilot house windows and hull ports are partially reflective toughened glass, bonded into recesses in GRP mouldings.
Internal Joinery & upholstery
Interior is finished in solid cherry and cherry faced marine quality plywood. Linings are fabric covered plywood or GRP. Cabin soles are teak striped non slip laminate.
- Eberspacher cabin heating with outlets in saloon, aft cabin and fore cabin to enhance ambiance and ensure maximum comfort.
- Raised galley to port
- Twin stainless steel sinks
- Hot & cold pressurised water
- Corion type work top, Aztec Quartz
- Top loading Frigoboat refrigerated ice box (75 litres)
- Stainless steel grab rail to work top
- Fully gimballed Plastimo Neptune 2500 gas cooker with two burners, grill and oven,
- Gas cut off tap.
- 2 Gas canisters in deck locker, port side aft. (each 2.72 kg Camping gas, New gas regulator and flex hoses in 2014, Gas Certificate currently in date ).
- Carbon monoxide alarm fitted in saloon.
- waste bin below
- Two large opening lockers, Four drawers, stowage under side deck & overhead light.
- Dinette seating arrangement to port
- two lockers forward
- Stainless steel mast support, table slides and can drop to convert areas to double berth
- Full length single settee to starboard
- Stowage under and front access
- Bottle stowage
- Recessed lights under side decks
- Two overhead lights
- Two fixed hull port lights
- Concertina blinds to pilot house
- Chart table to starboard with excellent visibility
- Instrument console forward of chart table
- Chart stowage under hinged lid
- Book stowage below
- Seat with stainless steel grab rail
- Large stowage under seat
- Chart light
- Main switch panel
- Overhead deck light
- Large double berth offset to starboard
- Large vanity unit to port with angled Perspex doors, stowage under and outboard
- Two drawers, Locker, Shelved wardrobe, Stowage drawer under forward end of double berth.
- Two reading lights, Two overhead lights, Two fixed hull ports, Two opening ports to cockpit
- Door to en-suite facilities
- Access aft through bulkhead to steering gear, autopilot actuator and Eberspacher heater unit.
- Heads compartment to starboard aft companionway.
- Marine WC with holding tank.
- Hinged seat to cover marine wc.
- Wash basin inset in to blue fleck corian type work top
- Shower head mixer tap
- Stainless steel grab handle
- Hot & Cold pressurised water
- Stowage under and outboard with vented Perspex doors.
- Shower fixing
- Electric shower pump
- Grating to shower tray
- Fixed light
- Waterproof toilet roll holder
- Oilskin stowage with vented door
- Single berth to port that converts to a double for sleeping.
- Overlapping berth to starboard
- Full length shelf to port
- Locker aft
- Hanging locker to starboard
- Access to chain locker through forward bulkhead
- Two fixed hull ports, Opening deck hatch, Two overhead lights.
- Furuno GP32 differential/WAAs GPS receiver with serial/USB converter and USB NMEA output for PC based plotter.
- Raymarine RAY54E DSC VHF
- Raymarine ST60+ Speed and Depth instruments with readouts in panel above hatch.
- ST60+ multifunction graphic display on panel above chart table
- Raymarine SmartPilot
- S2 Course computer mounted behind panel alongside chart table
- Lewmar steering actuator fitted inside transom
- Twin Raymarine ST6002 Smartpilot controllers, one at wheel, one on panel above chart table
- Weather station with clock/barometer above chart table
- 12v cigarette lighter style socket alongside chart table.
Shore Power fitted.
- Electric immersion heater,
- Sterling Pro-Charge D 30A smart battery charger,
- 230v Ring main with double outlet 13A sockets in galley, main saloon and aft cabin
Disclaimer for Customer Viewings
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.