Measuring just under 13cm in height, the M23 is the smallest and lightest buoyant handheld in the market and can match the audio and battery performance of other comparable models. What's more, the M23 sports a bright red LED which flashes if dropped in water, even if the radio is turned off making it easy to find day or night.
- Smallest and Lightest 5W bouyant VHF marine transceiver on the market.
- Float 'n Flash, the transceiver floats and flashes in the water even when the set is switched off.
- The latest radio battery technology helps to reduce capacity, size and weight without affecting performance.
- New PA Circuitry generates 5W (approx) RF output power from just 3.7V.
- Easy to see LCD with large channel indication.
- IPX7 waterproof protection.
- AquaQuake draining function.
The M23 is powered by the BP-266 3.6V Lithium-Ion battery pack, a newly developed PA circuit provides stable 5W (approx) RF output and powerful 600mW(typ) audio even at this low viltae, while saving battery consumption giving 10 hours of operating time.
The built-in regular charger circuit allows direct charging of the battery pack using a wall charger or cigarette lighter cable and shows the current charging status on the LCD. When used with the optional rapid desktop charger (AD-123 required) the BP-266 battery pack can be removed from the transceiver and charged in approx 2.5 hours.
While the M23 has a smaller and lighter body compared the M35 the M23 keeps the same easy to see large LCD (32x16mm). The large LCD has a clear 2-digit channel number indication. LCD and key backlighting are built-in for night time operation.
The tag scan function scans only tagged channels, while skipping untagged channels. The "FAV" button allows quick channel selection by recalling the tagged channels in rotation. The loud volume/mute functions temporarily change the volume to the maximum/minimum level with two touches of a button. To suit the surrounding environment, the user can easily change the volume level to capture the received message.