Latest 2016 model TORQEEDO 1003S electric outboard with integrated battery in stock at our premises in New Milton (near Christchurch, Dorset/Hampshire border). This is brand new 2016 stock with the new faster-charging battery and USB charging port. We also offer on-water demonstrations. These superb German-made electronic outboard engines:
- have INTEGRAL LITHIUM BATTERIES (no heavy, awkward battery in boat, or cables to trip over).
- are WATERPROOF; yes they will run even after complete submersion, an excellent and unique feature for small boat use.
- include a GPS/LCD display that shows you speed, range and battery status, the "unknowns" on most other electric outboards. Unlike petrol motors of equivalent size they are also:
- QUIET, so you can talk to your passengers, rather than shout;
- POLLUTION-FREE at point-of-use;
- INSTANT START and very easy-to-use, no fiddly choke or throttle settings, nor pulling endlessly at the starter cord (SAFE and easy for children);
- controlled completely from the tiller, no reaching back for the gear lever; just twist tiller one way for forward, the other for reverse.
- battery and tiller are deliberately easy to remove, to reduce the weight when installing on the back of your boat.
The 1003S integral battery capacity is now 532 Watt hours giving you a typical range of up to 10 nautical miles (depending on the type of boat it is powering) at "part-throttle". Or put another way it will run for half an hour flat out and 2-3 hours at reasonable speeds. If somebody else tells you it will last 6-7hrs (at a meaningful speed) they simply don't know what they're talking about, put the phone down! (You may notice we're not just repeating the same manufacturer's blurb that everyone else does.) 2-3hrs is actually enough for the way a lot of people use their boats - eg a pleasant half hour up river to the pub for lunch, and the same back again - but we do also offer a special deal if you buy a 2nd battery (see below).
To recharge the batteries you can either use the mains charger supplied as standard or for an extra £30 there is a 12 volt DC charging lead. If recharging in your yacht or motor vehicle this makes a lot of sense.
Call Ian on 0800 999 2535 (free from UK landlines) or 07768 600595 (mobile).
Torqeedo 1003S £1195
This price is for pickup from our premises at BH25 6SH. UK mainland delivery is £30 extra.
The long shaft version of the 1003 for vessels with deeper transoms is an extra £50 inc VAT.
We offer additional batteries to customers who have purchased motors from us at £400 (RRP £449).
We also sell all other Torqeedo items - including the brilliant Cruise 2.0 and 4.0 tiller, or remote control versions - please call for best prices.
For more information see our website http://www.nestawayboats.com/Torqeedo-1003S-1003L-and-5 03SL(2001390).htm
We can courier the motors at additional cost, but would prefer to meet you in person, show you how the motors work, go out on the water if you want to "try before you buy" (by arrangement, please call Ian on 07768 600595 first), and go through assembly and operation etc - all part of the service. We quite enjoy going out on nice sunny days! No obligation, but if you do decide to buy one it would be nice if you bought from us of course... Tel (mobile) 07768 600595 email [email protected]