PRICE REDUCTION - The Dufour 40 Performance Plus was a limited Series of higher quality and higher specified boats designed by Umberto Felci. This one also had the upgrade performance pack and full Lead keel. "Manuka" is a 3 cabin, single head version with an upgraded 55hp engine and alternator. She has been used for family sailing and is an excellent cruising yacht. She will out sail most in her class and is a great boat for long passages. Also suitable for cruiser racing if that's your interest.
AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING - As owners are using periodically please call ahead before travelling to view - HERE AT KIP MARINA.
Hull / General info
The Dufour 40 "Performance PLUS limited edition" was built to a higher standard. Designed for optimal performance for crusing or cruiser racing.
- Custom construction and reinforcement of hull and deck.
- Weight monitoring during building process to achieve the optimum result.
- Full draft lead keel.
- Flush fitting Shakewell resin seacocks. No need to worry about corrosion and gives a smooth hull surface.
- Exhaust exit moved to transom.
3 cabin single head version, giving 8 berths including saloon with Eberspacher diesel heating in all cabins.
- All joinery work in prime choice light Moabi mahogany, with fiddles and mouldings in solid wood.
- Locker doors have ventilation louvers.
- The cabin doors have double anti-vibration bolts.
- Cabin mattresses and saloon cushions (cream) have removable covers.
- The upper cabin and saloon linings are in Moabi wood.
- Heating in all cabins.
Club Version gear -
- Laminated hard wearing floor.
- Radio CD player with 2 x cockpit speakers.
- Dufour Yachts dinning set.
- Holding tank.
- 220v shore power + cabin outlets.
- 2 x 330 litre water tanks.
- L-shaped galley close to companionway.
- Synthetic stone work top with fiddle.
- Double stainless steel sink.
- Chrome plated brass mixer tap for pressurised water (hot/cold).
- Cooker with 2 burner stove/oven on gimbals.
- 12 V electric refrigerator with ice cube compartment.
- Stowage under sink with shelf and door.
- Hinged door with garbage bin.
- Outboard lower cabinet with cutlery drawer and sliding vegetable baskets.
- Upper cabinets with doors on hull side, one of which can house a microwave oven (option).
- Light and ventilation ensured by opening port-light and 2 spotlights over galley.
- Crumb tray under sole.
- Forward facing large chart table with hinged desk top to starboard.
- Seat with stowage underneath, vinyl covered curved cushion.
- Electrical distribution panel outboard..
- Bookshelf under electrical panel.
- Instrument console angled towards navigator
- Stowage under chart table with drawer and door.
- Dome light and chart reading light.
- Raymarine chart plotter (Chart table).
- Raymarine C80 Tridata (Chart table).
- DSC VHF (Chart table).
- Raymarine ST60 Speed/Log.
- Raymarine ST60 echosounder with 2 x repeaters in cockpit.
- Raymarine ST60 Wind.
- Raymarine ST6002 autopilot + S3G course computer
- 2 x Plastimo Steering compasses.
Rig / Sails
- Anodised aluminium mast with double swept backed spreaders, rigged 9/10, deck stepped.
- Anchor and steaming lights.
- Anodised aluminium boom equipped with single line reefing system.
- Genoa furling system.
Performance PLUS gear -
- Taller mast for better alround performance, especialy in lighter wind.
- ROD, discontinious standing rigging.
- PBO backstay.
- Gas strut boom vang with twin control lines lead to either side of the coachroof.
- Aluminium spinnaker pole, deck stowed and opperating from mast track system when set.
- Mainsail - UK / McWilliam Tape drive Carbon, 2008.
- No.1 Genoa - UK / McWilliam Tape drive Carbon, 2008.
- Roller furling No.2 Genoa - UK / McWilliam Dacron, 2008.
- No.3 Heavy weather jib - UK / McWilliam Dacron, 2008.
- 0.75oz Spinnaker - UK / McWilliam, 2008.
Deck / Deck Gear
The deck is secured with stainless steel pulpit, quarter pushpits and stanchion posts with double stainless steel guard wires. The cockpit is large and has two shelf lockers and Teak trimmed seats, slightly curved GRP cockpit sole.
- Spray hood.
- Large cockpit shelf lockers.
- GRP steering pedestal forming a footrest and instrument panel on either side.
- Rudder stock head under helmsman's seat for installing the emergency tiller.
- Morse engine control lever to starboard and recessed engine control panel.
- Transom opens in centre with removable helmsman's seat giving access to the swim/boarding platform.
- Large gas locker in aft port seat.
- Locker for small equipment in aft starboard seat.
- Life raft stowage in dedicated locker under helmsmans seat.
- Swim/boarding platform teak trimmed in central part.
- Stainless steel bathing ladder with teak steps.
- Cockpit shower in aft locker.
- Shore power socket in cockpit.
- Bow roller and mooring cleats.
Club Version dec gear -
- Electric anchor windlass.
Performance PLUS deck gear -
- Performance deck layout for optimal ease and sail control.
- Stanchions mounted outboard of toe rail.
- Forehatch turned round to aft opening for safety at sea.
- German mainsheet system with 2 x Harken 44.2STA mainsheet winches. Direct 1:1 mainsheet ststem for easy and direct control. A winch based system is easier all round.
- Harken 48.2 STA genoa winches.
- Harken B44 STO Quattro halyard winches.
- Jib inhaulers for optimal jib setting.
- Spinnlock rope jammers with all primarly control lines and reefing lines lead back to the cockpit.
- Dyneema halyards and sheets.
- Barber hauler for spinnaker sheets.
- Spinaker gear.
- VOLVO D2 - 55 hp 4 cylinder diesel engine.
- Sea water cooling.
- Sail-drive transmission.
- Heat exchanger, anti-siphon valve.
- Large capacity sea water filter.
- Control panel close to helmsman, with hour meter, tachometer and Plexiglas protection.
- Large alternator with battery isolator.
- Fuel tank approx 160 litre, gauge on electrical switchboard.
- Fuel filter with water separator.
- Emergency fuel shut-off handle.
- Engine room ventilation blower, and 2 ventilation hoses.
- Three blade folding propeller.
- Access to the engine from front and both sides.
- Independent engine bilge.
- Quality sound proofing high density foam.
- 12V DC System.
- 220V shore power including cable.
- 16 function backlit switchboard.
- 12V outlet at galley and switchboard.
- 12v outlet in cockpit.
- 1 x 100 Ah engine battery and 2 x 100 Ah service battery.
- Battery switch for each battery.
- Battery charger.
- 120a/h alternator.
- Fire blanket.
- 2 x fire extinguishers.
- Smoke detector.
- 6 life jackets.
- 6 harnesses.
- 4 harness points.
- 2 Jack stays.
- Nav lights.
- Liferaft by separate negotiaton.
- Flares by separate negotiation.
Michael Schmidt & Partner Ltd.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Whilt we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.
SAFETY NOTICE PLEASE READ
Michael Schmidt & Partner will give access to vessels for viewing on behalf of the owner but it is the sole responsibility of those viewing to make sure they are wearing appropriate clothing and at their sole discretion as to whether it is safe to view the vessel in its location and at their sole discretion as to weather they use ladders or any other means of access that may be made available.
Michael Schmidt & Partner accept no responsibility in the event of any accident / personal injury resulting from any viewing / test sail / demonstration or other event organised at the request of the viewer / interested party.
We look forward to welcoming you to Kip Marina
Boats are available for viewing on PONTOONS, HARD STANDING (ladder access), on MOORINGS and in some cases FURTHER AFIELD. Please contact us before hand to check the location of the vessel you wish to view and any special requirements. If you are traveling a distance this is especially important in order to make sure the boats you wish to view are in their advertised location and available for viewing.
We look forward to organising your viewing and answering any questions you may have.
Roseann Sweeney Kip Boat Sales Michael Schmidt & Partner Tel: +0044(0)1475 529975 Fax:+0044(0)1475 529880 Mobile:0044(0)7990593158 [email protected]