Scanmar 40 yacht for sale. Cruising yacht with blue water capability.
Adjacent to our office, ashore here adjacent to our office, at Woolverstone Marina. With spacious accommodation, good sea berths, safe deep cockpit coamings and easily handled powerful rig, she has proved safe for the on watch crew, usually alone, to manage. Wheel steering. Engine rebuild 2008. Warm air heating. Survey available.
Rigid spray screen. The engine gives plenty of power and the boat is easily manoeuvred. A class yacht the Scanmar finish is typical of the Swedish rugged blue water built boats that ooze quality with a beautiful feel from the luxurious wood finishing throughout this boat.
Owners ensuite aft cabin
This example is sensibly priced and well worth an early viewing. Ashore here on the hard standing adjacent to our office.The owner will consider offers.
Available full 7 days a week for viewing.
6 berths in 2 cabins and saloon. You only need to see the current photos to see the quality and ambient feel that the internal woodwork gives to the Swedish built yacht, along with 6' 6" of headroom, Eberspacher heating, good thick mattresses/settees, curtains, wood flooring and carpets all adding to her appeal.
- 'V' berth with infill
- Storage above and below
- Opening hatch
- Hanging lockers in companionway
- Basket storage
- Sink with storage vanity unit
- Hot and cold water
- Separate area for heads and shower.
- Heads with holding tank
- Shower seat over heads
- Long 'L' shaped settee to port and long settee to starboard both covered in a quality material that cleverly brightens yet still complements the beautiful wood finish.
- Storage behind seating
- Bookshelves and cupboards to port and starboard (see photos)
- Opening hatches
- Exposed wooden coachroof supports (see photos)
- Twin drop leaf saloon table with fiddle points and integral draws
- Situated aft saloon s/side
- Large forward facing chart table with map storage below
- Dedicated seat
- Wet locker behind seat
- Good storage with easy access to wiring of control panel
- 'L' shaped galley situated p/side aft saloon
- Good working area
- Matching cupboards and draws
- Double sink with mixer tap
- Hot and cold pressurised water
- Cooker SMEV 4 burner with oven and grill
- Fridge and although not used by the current owner there is a freezer situated under the forward berth.
Aft Owners Cabin
- With access from aft saloon s/side it runs centrally under the raised cockpit to give good head room
- Standing dressing area
- Dressing settee
- Vanity unit
- Large double berth
- Hanging locker
En-suite to owners cabin
- Sink and vanity unit
- Hot and cold water via mixer tap
- Marine toilet with holding tank
- Chart plotter: Garmin
- Radar: Raytheon
- Autopilot: ST6001
- Log/speed: Stow (not working)
- Wind: Stowe
- Depth: Stowe
- Compass: Silva at helm
- GPS Garmin 128
- Navtex:NASA (not working)
- VHF: Sailor 2047
- Short wave radio: ICOM M700 (not used)
Rigging & Sails
- Sloop rig
- Spares/construction: Hood
- Standing rigging: stainless steel
- Running rigging
- Mainsail reefing: In mast
- Headsail: Furling
- Spinnaker pole
- Mast steps
- Removable inner forestay for storm jib
- Main: Jeckells In mast (2005)
- Headsail: Jeckells Genoa (2005)
- Cruising chute with snuffer (1999)
- Storm Jib (unused)
Hull, Deck, Safety & Canvas
- White GRP Hull and superstructure with red coach lines and topper
- GRP deck with grey anti slip surface
- Wheel steering
- Fin keel
- Pushpit/pulpit with guard wires and stanchions
- Bow roller
- Anchor locker
- Anchor: 25lb CQR + 35kg Bruce with 50m of chain
- Anchor windlass: Lofans 12v Tigress
- Fixed Windscreen
- Winches: 2x Lewmar 55S/T + 2x Lewmar 44S/T + 2x 40 S/T
- Boarding/swim ladder
- Teak to cockpit sole and seats
- Cockpit lockers
- Liferaft: Avon 4 man
- Floating lights
- Flares (dates cannot be certified)
- Radar reflector
- Lifebuoys: 2x horseshoe
- Gas detector in engine compartment
- Fire extinguishers (dates cannot be certified)
- Fire blanket
- Bilge pumps electric and manual
- Sprayhood: Jeckells (2005)
- Cockpit cover: Jeckells (2005)
- Dodgers: Jeckells (2005)
- Cockpit cushions
- Batteries: x4
- Battery charger: Newmar
- Solar panels
- Shore power
- Engine was rebuilt 2008/9
- Last serviced June 2012
- Last survey 2006
- Craft ashore since 2013 season.
- Crockery/cutlery included
- Dingy: Avon (poor condition)
- Telescopic aluminum legs (1999) made by Yacht Leg Company used for shore standing
- " Sailed by previous owner via Biscay to Med"
- "Comfortable fast cruising and suitable for family holidays"
- "Sale due to family commitments"
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
We are the only yacht brokers in the region open 7 days a week and at all 7 offices. including bank holidays!
email [email protected] 07807 426962
Additional brokerage craft urgently required, attractive rates!