“Van der Stadt” (MANDALI) — 27 feet long, 4/5 berths diesel inboard. Offshore/Coastal Cruiser
http://www.southferribymarina.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08 /Companion-way-from-cockpit-15 0×150.jpghttp://www.southferribymarina.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08 /Companion-way-from-cockpit-15 0×150.jpg
More thumbnails at bottom of page
Classic 1965 Van der Stadt designed Bermudan sloop. Measuring 8.40 metres LOA, 2.5m beam and drawing 1.24m, Mandali is the first production yacht of the 1960’s Clipper class, featuring on the original promotional brochure which is included.
She retains many of her original features including mahogany bulkheads dividing the two cabins and decorative paraffin lamps, wooden mast (9.6metres high) with new wooden boom (original boom included) and wooden slatted cockpit seats. Boat Safety scheme certiﬁcate for inland waterways valid until July 2018.
Down below there are two cabins with the heads on the starboard side and hanging locker to port between the two. The forward cabin has been altered to enable extending the two berth arrangement to sleep 3 children, and gives access to the chain locker and sail stowage with a fore hatch which locks from below. The main cabin has two single berths, space for a table (included), galley area with foot pump for fresh water, and slide away chart table. Access to the Yanmar 8hp marine diesel is by removing the companionway steps. The engine has been overhauled with a new starter motor in 2012 and injector pump in 2014. (Instruction book and maintenance manual included) The cooker is an Origo methylated spirit two ring stove.
The cockpit is self draining with new hatches under the grating to gain access to the new 50 litre flexible water tank and gear box. The wooden lifting tiller is new and davits have been added at the stern for convenient stowage of a tender/small inflatable (not included). On the quarter deck there are two new hatches to give access to the stainless diesel tank measuring 280mmx480mmx560mm, approx. 75 litre capacity.
As the photographs show she is currently on a yard trailer which is included in the price, and ratchet straps are included to secure her for movement around the yard. With additional work it may be possible to upgrade this to a road trailer.
* Sails — Main (red), Genoa (red) roller furling, jib and storm jib both white.
* Clipper duet combined log and echo sounder
* Echo sounder – seafarer 5 (not tested by present owner)
* Self steering — Nautec Auto-helm mark 2 (not tested by present owner)
* Spinnaker boom – aluminium 2.5metres long
* Anchor – 15lb plough anchor
* Anchor chain- 35 metres galvanised ‘/4 inch chain
* Mooring warps — 2 @ 6metres by 14mm
* Fenders – 5
* Fire blanket and extinguishers — to comply with Boat Safety Scheme
* Heads – Jabsco Brydon toilet (standard 29090 – 0000)
* Port and starboard spray dodgers with the boat’s name white on blue fabric
* Spray-hood – Martexmarine blue fabric on folding aluminium frame
* Horseshoe life buoy with fitting on stern
* Single 12v battery for engine, domestic and navigation lights