ZODIAC PRO 500 RIB 60 HP - GREAT CONDITION -FULLY REFURBISHED THIS YEAR
This RIB is has been owned by our family since new and purchased from Zodiac at the London boat show. It has been used for a few weeks every year in Salcombe, Devon and otherwise winterised and kept in dry storage over winter.
The hull is in great condition, no significant marks on the exterior apart from a slight yellow discolouration to be expected, but not affecting the integrity of the hull in any way, purely cosmetic but only visible when on the trailer. The hull has never been antifouled.
The boat will happily tow waterskiers / wakeboarders toys etc, and is towards the top end of the power range for the hull size/weight, so plenty of fun for the family while being equally happy as a beach boat.
Almost everything has been refurbished this year.
The tubes were replaced 5 months ago and were bought direct from Zodiac; they are the new and improved Strongan™ Duotex™ 2 x 1100 decitex fabric tubes and were purchased in May 2016 at a cost of £2,500.
The engine, a Mariner 60HP EFI 4 Stroke, has also been largely rebuilt in May at a cost of over £2,000, with all major components replaced, this includes:
- new driveshaft housing (£700)
- new flywheel (£400)
- 2x new gaskets
- fuel filters
- water impeller
- 4x spark plugs
- Steering cable was replaced last year, so you can now quite literally turn from one lock to the other with a finger.
- Steering wheel was also replaced this year to a smarter black one.
The engine runs perfectly; it has been very reliable and is running better than ever since its extensive service earlier this year, it is also very economical for the HP of the engine.
The bench seat has also been replaced with new firmer waterproof foam and re-upholstered a few weeks ago, so has no stains or blemishes.
Items included in the purchase:
- Trailer – original unbraked; some usual wear and tear and cosmetic rust, could do with a service, but we tow it 110 miles and its goes smoothly and tows well, never had any issues with it. Winch strap has been replaced with new 2 months ago and winch/ratchet system is in perfect working condition.
- Anchor with rope (no chain to save weight) included, holds well when set correctly.
- Removable boarding rope ladder.
- Mounting and wiring for a nav light on the main console.
- Navman Transducer on the transom for depth/fishfinder apparatus, but the removable console unit was stolen; however replacement is easily obtainable (all wiring already in place).
- 25L removable fuel tank, more than enough for the engine, comes with connecting hose.
Our only reason for selling is we have recently purchased a slightly larger RIB for our growing family. The boat is available to view near Salisbury, engine can be run on water mufflers if required, however due to distance from the water, sea trials will not be possible.
This boat has been setup now for many years of minimal cost, as all the major work has been done to it; it is virtually a new boat having had over £4.5k spent on it this year! No silly offers please. If you’d like any further information please get in touch.