Crewsaver celebrates 30th Anniversary of the Crewfit lifejacket with a new design
Crewsaver is celebrating the 30th anniversary of the design of the Crewfit inflatable lifejacket, which is worn the world over, and especially popular with recreational boaters. Often the Crewfit is the only lifejacket many sailors would consider wearing.
But the manufacturers behind this much-loved lifejacket believe even the best can be improved upon, and after three decades Crewsaver is launching the Crewfit 165N. This updated model brings boaters’ state-of-the -art safety features, the most modern, and robust materials, yet continues to offer the original, supremely popular easy-to-wear design.
There will be an official launch of the Crewfit 165N at the PSP Southampton Boat Show, on stand G104 at 13.30, Friday 12th September 2014.
Crewsaver’s Managing Director Ross Wilkinson said: “We are proud and delighted that the Crewfit has stood the test of time and is still the choice of many around the world. The new model is even better, keeping users safe with the latest technology, including a unique bladder design providing the ultimate in performance.”
What’s new on the Crewfit 165N?
• A transparent ‘window’ on the front of the jacket showing the status of the inflator, allowing you to check your lifejacket is in working order without having to unpack and repack the jacket
• New, improved bladder design that reduces wave impact on the face, greatly improves the mouth free board (distance from your mouth to the water) and provides a unique chin support helping to keep your airways clear
• Increased buoyancy - 165 Newtons (approved to ISO 150N), providing a spin time of around 2 seconds average
• Lighter weight on the harness version, achieved by a soft loop replacing the stainless steel D-ring
• The most up-to-date Hammar MA1 and UML pro-sensor operating head which prevents accidental activation by wave splashes
• ISO approved 12402-3 - the International standard for lifejackets
Free arming kit for current Crewfit owners!
To celebrate the 30th anniversary, anyone who owns a Crewfit lifejacket can get a free re-arming kit worth more than £44 if they take the lifejacket to the Crewsaver stand at the PSP Southampton Boat Show. (Terms & Conditions apply)