What’s new for London Boat Show 2016?
The 2016 London Boat Show takes place from 8-17 January, and plans are shaping up for a real celebration of leisure boating and the latest marine technology. This time the theme is ‘Where adventure starts, pioneers meet and innovation shines’, and to ensure expectations are met, the organisers British Marine Boat Shows are welcoming in new brands, exciting new features and a radical new layout for the massive show.
Last year the London Boat Show saw attendance numbers rise for the first time in four years. The venue – Excel Centre in the London Docklands - welcomed 92,288 visitors over ten days, making for a 4% increase over 2014’s figure of 88,593.
This was believed to be down to a successful press preview day (Friday 9 January), while large crowds also flocked to see special guest Nicole Scherzinger launch the spectacular Sunseeker Predator 57.
As always, for 2016 London Boat Show will be the place to come for the latest trends, technologies and innovations. The flow of visitors around the show is an important element of how it’s received by exhibitors and ticket-holders, and for next year a change in layout is planned that could boost satisfaction rates.
Following discussions a decision has been taken to move Sunseeker International’s huge stand to open up the whole Show much more. With the prominent stand moved from its previously central location to run horizontally along the perimeter of the South Hall and the whole Show re-allocated, the decision will benefit the look of the vast interior and the movement of people through the show. Essentially visitors will be able to survey the whole scope of the event from the West to East wall. The flow of visitor traffic will also be improved, with the Halls being very open and no sense of divide between them.
Impressive new names come to London Boat Show
Over 62 years many loyal exhibitors have graced the London Boat Show halls, some returning annually for decades, - Royal Yachting Association (RYA), Jeckell & Son Ltd, Inland Waterways Association and Navigators & General have all put in the years! But new brands are also welcomed and this year British Marine Boat Shows has announced a list of newly signed up exhibitors.
The 2016 London Boat Show welcomes new exhibitors including:
- Suzuki – Global outboard manufacturer, today it produces an array of motors from the lightweight and portable DF2.5 to the award winning DF300AP.
- Adidas Sailing – Leading brand providing sailors with comfortable technical clothing and footwear to suit all weather conditions.
- Monterey Boats – Florida-based boat manufacturer offering a complete line of sport boats, deck boats, cruisers and sport yachts from 18 to 41ft.
- Marathon Leisure – Supplier of the biggest marine brands, such as Spinlock, Whale Water Systems, Star brite and Glomex.
- RNLI – A charitable organisation of lifeboat crews and lifeguards who are responsible for saving over 140,000 lives at sea since 1824.
- Four Winns – Manufacturer of sport boats and cruisers, today it is one of the world’s largest producers of fibreglass recreational products.
For a real flavour of the excitement generated in the run-up to the London Boat Show, watch this great video:
Images: Courtesy of onEdition
Article: Alison Clements
Keep up to date with all the latest news on boatsandoutboards.co.uk