Wireless handcontrol gives Radinn’s £11k electric wakeboard the edge
Watersports fans will love this incredible electric powered wakeboard from Radinn, the Swedish watersport product specialist. The £11,000 electric 'surfboard' - the Wakejet Cruise - lets you glide along the sea - and even rivers - at speeds of up to 30mph. It is controlled by a very nifty wireless hand held remote, that lets the rider monitor and control the speed.
So how does it work?
A relatively relaxing ride is possible because of the efficient jet-propulsion system.The board glides along quietly and houses low mass lithium batteries in its lightweight carbon fiber construction. According to Radinn, the watersport equipment turns just like a conventional wakeboard but the introduction of electricity empowers a more exciting user experience.
This cutting edge wakeboard is small enough to carry and fit in a car or boat, and is compatible with standard wakeboard-bindings. For those who fancy giving this thrilling looking wakeboard a spin, it will be available to buy in early 2015.
Radinn is a team of wakeboarding enthusiasts and engineers who have a vision to revolutionize the watersport industry.
- The Wakejet Cruise has a wireless control, and is made of carbon fibre
- It features a jet propulsion system and is powered by lithium batteries
- The 64lb (29kg) board reaches speeds of up to 30mph (46km)
- Swedish-designed board has a wireless control, and is made of carbon fibre
- It is undergoing further tests before pre-orders will begin later this year
- The board is expected to retail for €15,000 (£11,800 or $20,000) in early 2015
Images courtesy of Radinn