Motor BoatsCanal and NarrowboatsavailableR&D Fabrications / John White
Chalford is a 60ft long x 6ft 10in wide narrowboat built by R&D and John White in 1990. She is fitted with a Lister 3 cylinder inboard engine and has 3 berths.
Chalford is a charming traditional boat, with an engine room and boatman's cabin. She was re-painted in 2020 having been stripped back to bare metal. Her bespoke galley has thick solid wooden worktops and a Belfast sink.
- To be renewed
- Due to be re-blacked
Hull & superstructure:
- Lister 3 cylinder in engine room
- None fitted
- Shore power
- Victron Multiplus combi charger / inverter
- 1 x engine start
- 3 x domestic
- Calorifier by engine
- Morso stove in saloon
- Epping stove in boatman's cabin
- Porta Potti chemical toilet
- Pine tounge & groove
- Solid wood
- 6ft 4in
Accommodation from bow:
Saloon: Approximately 14ft long.
- Chalford's generously proportioned saloon is a flexible open space which could install a sofa bed, or leather arm chairs with ubiquitous footstools. The Morso stove has a wonderful curved copper surround. The saloon is fitted with a hull wall mounted cupboard that can house a compact television, a good number of 12 volt and 240 volt electric sockets and under step storage with attractive tile fronts.
Galley: Approximately 9ft long.
- The galley is a real feature on Chalford. The bespoke handmade solid wood worktops and Belfast sink compliment the solid wood storage cupboards. The galley is further equipped with a free standing gas cooker, charming tiled splashback, side hatch and a solid wood table with two chairs.
Shower room: Approximately 5ft long.
- Chalford's cross cabin bathroom enjoys a solid wood vanity unit with small Belfast style wash basin and shelf storage under. The corner shower tray has a curtain and tiled splash back. There is space for a Porta Potti type chemical toilet opposite the vanity unit.
Bedroom: Approximately 6ft 4ion long.
- The bedroom enjoys a cosy fixed double berth with drawer storage under. Behind the bedhead bulkhead, a full height wardrobe has clothes hanging space and wire basket type pull out drawers. Two wall mounted shelves and two small recessed cupboards offer extra storage.
Engine room: Approximately 4ft long.
- Chalford's other great feature is her engine room. The Lister three cylinder diesel engine sits in pride of place with the exhaust venting through a pigeon box on the roof. The wall mounted cupboard houses the boats MPPT solar control box.
Boatman's cabin: Approximately 7ft in long.
- The boatman's cabin only enhances the traditional feeling on Chalford. It enjoys all the lovely detail you would expect including an Epping solid fuel stove, crumb and ticket drawer and beautifully painted roses and castles on the doors and panels.
Please note: this is not a survey report and all pre-owned boats are sold without warranty.
The information provided is based on a superficial inspection carried out by us and information provided by the vendor. No guarantee is given or implied regarding the specification, but descriptions are given in good faith as could be ascertained at the time of inspection. Aquavista takes no responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommend the use of a marine surveyor to establish the condition of the vessel....Read full description