3 cabin Owner's version Lagoon 46
Huge Specification and Options list
The Lagoon 46 is the latest addition to the ever successful Lagoon multihull collection and was formally launched at boot Dusseldorf 2019.
This 2020 model year Lagoon 46 was built and equipped to travel the world in total comfort. As the saying goes, you can’t have too much wine or too much power on a boat. Comfort comes in the form of cold beverages, ice, fresh water, hot water, air conditioning, safety and peace of mind. With so much lithium battery capacity (3000ah of usable power) and so much solar (3000+ watts), a 240L/H commercial water maker, clothes washer and a 11kw generator, one has the ability to easily live as you would on land, and there is no need to conserve. Leaving the lights on, taking a long hot shower, running the air conditioning are all possible with a huge lithium battery bank.
The Lagoon 46 boasts generously sized living spaces with elegant style and clever functionality. With a good-sized rig, performance sails and simple to use controls, the whole family will enjoy exploring the ocean under sail.
The self-tacking rig can be controlled using electric winches and a Harken electric line feeder for the traveler.
The double access flybridge is designed for efficient boat handling and relaxing while underway. The centered helm station offers great protection from the elements and the large sunbathing platform is offered with adjustable-angled cushions.
The interior of the 46 is beautifully styled, with a spacious owner cabin that features a separate toilet and bathing compartments. Guests are treated equally well, with huge island beds and generous storage in the bow and stern cabins.
Essentially, I am selling the boat complete with safety gear, spare parts, tools, spare blocks, shackles, spare sheets/halyards, etc. etc. I’m leaving 99% of everything. It is ready to add clothes and food and sail away. My intention was to circumnavigate, in comfort, so I equipped the boat accordingly.
US Coastguard doumented vessel.
Layout and Finish
3 cabins, 3 heads
Berth in port bow compartment
Interior wood : Alpi Walnut with Asburgo floor
Fabric headlining, Bed valance in fabric, Leather & s/steel accessories at bedhead, Leather and s/steel storage at bedhead, Bedhead in fabric, Leather finishing in bookshelf, Leather finishing on salon sides, Grey composite finishing in Galley furniture, Corian finishing in showers
• Owner's head : wood floor + duckboard in Corian (clam shell) - all heads : Corian bathroom floor & duckboard (clam shell) sea water electrical pump, with dedicated tap
• Freshwater dock inlet
• Deck wash pump sea water / fresh water
• Grand comfort marble
• Outside upholsteries colour : dark grey
• Aft cockpit cushions sink in the cockpit
• Sides around aft cockpit with windows - graphite
• Sunbath cushions with lifting backrest for flybridge
• Helm station cover – graphite
• Windlass remote control at helm station with chain counter
Sails, rigging and hardware
• Lazy bag for standard aluminium boom
• All electric flybridge winches in lieu of standard & flatwinder in lieu of port aft winch
• Extra for dacron square top mainsail in lieu of standard
• 2 x 57 hp (Yanmar 4jh57)
• Pair of 3-blades Flexofold folding propellers for Yanmar 4jh57
• Onan genset 11kva 220v / 50hz + cocoon
• Gel batteries in lieu of acid batteries (service : 6x120a - engines : 2x50a)
• Water circuit
• Electric toilets
• Large sliding forward roof window
• Fans in salon and cabins
• Extra for freezer 90 l & fridge 155 l (in lieu of standard/pack essential : fridge 130l & fridge/freezer 155l)
• Microwave oven with grill 220
• Washer 220
Curtains & beds
• Curtains on salon door and aft window (Ombre)
• Under bed slats for 3-cabin version
Air conditioning & heating
• Reverse cycle Cruisair air conditioning
Hi-Fi, video & electronics
• Zeus 3 16" display at helm station
• US card
• Zeus 3 12" display at nav. station with leather covered pod
• Europe card
• AIS 500 B&G transceiver with antenna coupling
• Radar B&G 4g, with s/steel protection
• Sounder B&G forward scan
• Autopilot remote B&G
• Vhf B&G v90s double handset with DSC
Comfort and Fun Additional Extras
• The TenderLift model offered by Lagoon is a toy and was purposely downgraded in quality by TenderLift for Lagoon. It has a capacity of 220kg, which is barely strong enough to lift the smallest tender. I have installed the much-upgraded TenderLift with a capacity of 450kg AND it has the remote-control option (not available from Lagoon). The remote control and stronger lift are great because you can sit in the tender and press the remote control while riding up the TendeLift. This may sound like a small thing but if you are trying to raise the tender in waves or bad weather it is much safer and easier to stay in the tender, steady it, and raise the lift. You cannot compare the upgraded TenderLift to the option offered by Lagoon, it’s like comparing a cheap home product with a professional commercial product. Compare the two hydraulic pumps- the upgraded equipment is twice the size and is of commercial quality. All this effort and expense was done because if you plan on extensive cruising your tender will determine how much fun you have and how much comfort you travel in. A proper tender determines if you can travel to that next island, whether you can pull your kids around on water toys or skis, and if you will arrive to dinner without getting wet. To have the capacity to lift a larger tender with a larger upgraded lift is necessary.
• Highfield Ocean Master 350 tender with 40hp Honda outboard. Just compare the Lagoon tender with the Highfield Ocean Master 350 below. You need a larger TenderLift to lift a properly sized tender. Highfield Ocean Master OM350,
• Commercial SLCS 240 l/h water maker with spare filters and preservation kit- operates on lithium or generator.
• Reefing lines from Lagoon are thick, difficult to pull through the boom, and of poor quality. All reefing lines have been replaced with smaller, stronger Dyneema lines, including the sheets for the parasailer/spinnaker setup.
• Antal rings installed on reefing lines to provide less friction on the reefing lines.
• Washer installed in forward port cabin - operates on lithium or generator. In my opinion it is a much more attractive installation than the factory installation in the owner’s bathroom that takes up half the counter space and intrudes on your privacy.
• Starboard Harken Electric winch & clutch, code zero pole, upgraded furler for 120m code zero.
• Dyson Cordless Vacuum wired into 12v closet, something you will use daily.
• Heavy gauge 12v wire installed to power CFX100 Dometic frig/freezer in cockpit. Freezer doubles as bench for dining in cockpit area. No power cords running across the floor. Wired to 12v panel with breaker. The extra freezer and/or refrigerator space are wonderful.
• Upgraded roller blinds in cabins.
• Harken standup blocks installed on pontoons for Spinnaker, Parasailor. These blocks are far more convenient than having wichard attachment points and then adding blocks with soft shackles.
• Iridium Go satellite transmitter and receiver. Allows satellite phone calls, unlimited texting, internet access for weather updates and email worldwide.
• Lotus XL Grill. Made in Germany, the best grill for a boat.
• Ocean LED Blue Spreader lights.
• (6) Ocean LED Blue Underwater lights.
• Salon flat screen TV with stand.
• Dual powered USB ports installed behind TV, in salon, to charge phones or devices.
• Pep wave MAX-TST-LTEA-R dual sim transit router with highly configurable Wi-Fi/Cellular connection throughout boat. You can insert up to two SIM cards in the router and it will lock onto the strongest connection and make internet available to guests onboard. Also allows live remote GPS tracking of the boat. This is the latest in technology, just released in November.
• Intel NUC Plex media server with 3TB of solid-state storage. Allows you to play your music, TV show or movie collection on a wireless network throughout the boat. It’s very cool- allows you to have media without having access to the internet. This is all integrated together with the Pep wave router.
• Media Server & TV hard wired into Fusion Stereo to provide the ability to play music or TV show and movie audio throughout the entertainment system.
• Yacht Devices Barometer displayed on B and G chart plotter.
• Yacht Devices Voyage Recorder continuously records all data on engines, course, location, etc.
• Yacht Devices x 2 Engine gateway. Allows complete monitoring of Yanmar engines and displays on B and G chart plotter: fuel burn, RPM, temperatures, hours, etc.
• Under cabinet LED lighting installed in Owner’s cabin toilet area. It’s nice to not have to blind yourself in the middle of the night if you need to go.
• LED lighting installed in 12v electrical cabinet.
• Antal frictionless rings installed on lines for lazy bag. Make it very easy to adjust bag.
• Two additional 220v outlets installed in the salon for easy power access for laptop, etc. Without these you need to run power extension cords to use anything in the salon area- unattractive and inconvenient.
• 220v power outlet installed in master bathroom for hair dryer, curling iron, shaver, etc. Otherwise, ask your wife to blow dry her hair in some other inconvenient place. It’s ridiculous that this is not available, or at least an option, from Lagoon.
• 220V outlet and USB outlet installed outside under the sink in the cockpit. There are no outside outlets available from Lagoon. If you want to plug in a pressure washer, power tools, etc., you need to run an extension cable outside- not very elegant.
• Dual USB outlets installed on both side of the master bed at the headboard area. Lagoon “optionally” installs USB outlets at the foot of the bed. These are worthless as most people would like their phone to be charging within arm’s length while in bed.
• 12V terminal block installed at the desk in owner’s cabin. Allows you to run computer monitors, computers, TVs and other devices directly from a 12v power source.
• ITIWIT Paddle board and paddle
• Galvanic Isolator to prevent corrosion to your underwater metals- thru hulls, propellers, shaft, etc.
• Cellular & Wi-Fi antennas.
• Swivel installed at top of main sail to help prevent twisting of the main halyard.
• Harken flat block pulley on starboard side for parasailer. Keeps sheet from breaking off the navigational lights at the front.
• 65lb Mantus anchor and swivel. This is a heavy-duty anchor rated for severe storm conditions. The chain and anchor provided by Lagoon is garbage.
• Mantus anchor hook- again, professional, storm quality gear. It’s nice to sleep well at anchor.
• 100m of high-quality anchor chain, galvanized in France- quality to last.
• (6) coats of anti-fouling paint. Layered in colors so you can see that it’s active.
• Bosch electric pressure washer.
• Memory foam topper added to master bed mattress. Original mattress is extremely firm. Easily removed if you prefer a very firm mattress, very firm becomes uncomfortable when underway and boat is rolling around.
Electrical Additional Extras
• Solar Bimini top, designed and built in Switzerland by http://www.catamaran-bimini.com/ This was shipped to France and installed there. Bimini has 1440w of integrated SunPower solar panels. All wiring is oversized, and each panel has an individual wire run and an individual Victron MPPT controller. This was done at additional expense to increase efficiency and offer total redundancy. Any solar panel or MPPT controller can fail or be damaged and it will not affect the output of the other panels. Any solar panel can be shaded by the mast or boom and it will not affect the efficiency of the other solar panels. Bimini can be walked on by two adults and offers easy access to the boom and main sail.
• Full Enclosure for Flybridge.
• Solar arch built over the tender with integrated lighting, adding 1560w of additional solar power. Again, all oversized wire, individual wire runs and individual Victron MPPT controller.
• Victron Quattro 5kw Inverter.
• Victron Octo GCX Solar controller online interface programs and connects all solar panels together. Allows you to view status of solar from phone, tablet, web.
• 10 lithium Relion batteries 300ah useable each, for a total of 3000ah house bank. Relion is arguably the highest quality, most established lithium battery company with support worldwide and 9-year warranty.
• STARBOARD Engine battery bank upgraded from 50amps to 280amps. Again, all these details are to prepare for worldwide cruising with safety, security and comfort. Increasing the starting batteries 600% ensures you get home.
• PORT Engine starter battery bank upgraded from 50amp to 100amps.
• Blue Sea power switch installed in starboard engine room, allowing the option to charge or not charge the lithium house bank with the Yanmar engine alternators.
• Additional Blue Sea 12v breaker panel installed in 12v closet. This allows the installation of any 12v devices throughout the vessel without altering the factory wiring.
Safety Equipment and Spares
• Upgraded B and G Halo 4G Radar installed. Substantial improvement in technology and safety compared to the radar Lagoon offers.
• Navionics Chip for B & G chart plotter, Platinum Plus charts for Florida and Caribbean
• Flare Kit, smoke day/night with glow sticks.
• Fire Extinguishers
• (6) F7 Commercial Quality fenders
• (6) Tender Life Jackets
• (8) Braided Nylon Blue ¾” Dock lines
• Fire Blanket in galley
• Tricolor Nav Light installed on the top of mast.
• (4) Crew Saver life jackets
• (2) Crew Saver life jacket rearm kits
• (3) MOB1 for life jackets, installed in life jackets and programmed into AIS rescue alarm installed on boat
• (3) personal EPIRB for life jackets
• (2) Rescue Military Lasers installed in life jackets
• (2) OLAS integrate Float-On light with Man Overboard Technology – Alarms synced to cell phones
• (2) Kong Elastic Safety Tethers
• AIS Alarm installed at chart table in salon, programmed and linked to MOB1 devices in life jackets. Sets off a loud alarm to quickly alert crew of a man overboard.
• 12 person Crewsaver offshore life raft
• Portable VHF Radio, waterproof
• Lithium spotlight, various flashlights
• (3) Crew audio headsets so the crew can easily communicate with each other during docking, etc. I call these the marriage savers so that I’m not yelling at my wife.
• Courtesy flags
• Radar reflector
• Jack/safety lines
• Bosun’s chair
• Stainless ratchet straps for tender
• 220v Shop Vacuum
• 220v Drill
• 220v Cut off Saw
• Numerous hand tools, socket sets, electrical testers, spare wire, breakers, etc.
• Many spares: Harken blocks, soft shackles, stainless clips, hooks, etc. etc. etc.
• Spare bilge pumps
• Spare Onan generator parts
• Spare Yanmar engine parts
• Spare freshwater pump
• Spare macerator pump
• Spare zincs
• Spare Onan generator belt
• New Doyle Code Zero Sail 120m, with deck storage bag. Includes furling system, code zero pole, blocks and sheets.
• Vessel has an additional two years of extended warranty from Lagoon.
Nicolle Associates offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
* This vessel is US Import Taxes Paid
* As always photographs do not do justice so a viewing is highly recommended.
* This boat is lying in St Petersburg, Florida, USA.
* © 2020 Nicolle Associates
...Read full description