Sailing BoatsClassic Sailing BoatsClassic - Home completionElizabethan 23
Elizabethan 23 PROJECT
Hydag is for sale as a storm-damaged project.
With the centre-plate permanently up, due to compressed mud from her living in a mud berth, we nevertheless have enjoyed cruising with her until about 7 years ago when I began a refurb of her interior.
The major alterations:
• Sea-Toilet under the fore berth
• The addition of storage shelves and fore-peak bulkhead.
• New Houdini Hatch
• Mast support replaced with stainless steel frame and new bulkheads.
• With the plate lifting tackle redundant, the lifting cord tube capped to give better access to engine
• The engine enclosed with sound-proofed removable panels
• A new mahogany companionway ladder
At the point of making headlining panels, cabin hull-lining and electrical wiring I had to stop due to illness.
In the meantime she has lain neglected and during this year's storm, suffered significant damage to her port and stern rubbing strakes. The push-pit and boarding ladder had to be cut when she became jammed under the jetty. The cockpit and stern hatches need replacing.
The sails are in fair condition, and with the roller-reefing she can be handled entirely from the cockpit. There is an outboard well for a 5hp auxiliary motor (not included)
She is lying in her mud berth at West Mersea, Essex
...Read full description
ManufacturerClassic - Home completion
Mooring CountryUnited Kingdom
Conditionin need of repair
Length7.01 m/23 ft
Width2.13 m/7 ft
No. of engines1
No. of cabinssaloon, Forepeak
No. of berths4
WC & bathroomssea-toilet