Sailing BoatsClassic Sailing BoatsMcNultyKielder
McNulty (Drascombe builder) Kielder Classic Gaff Rigged Traditional Sailing Boat Clinker style Centerboard Dinghy.
Probably the best example available of this quality-built boat with original attractive gel coat colours aqua, white and red. ‘Orva’ has been very lightly used and well maintained. Quality brass and bronze fittings.
The McNulty Kielder, winner of the non-wooden category (Boats on Show 2000), a G.R.P. version of the classic McNulty Longstone originally derived from the traditional foyboats and boarding boats of the North East. McNulty are better known for the Drascombe range and Farne Islander. Although relatively small it is comfortable for day cruises and eligible for Gaffer racing.
A sturdy sea kindly but light boat (100 kgs) with graceful lines and extremely easy to sail and row.
Side benches with built in solid buoyancy and locker; varnished spars and gunwhale. Easier to trail and launch than most traditional boats.
A complete package including:
- 2 suits of Jeckells sails (Cream and Red), reefing points, little signs of wear
- 3.3hp Mariner light 2-stroke long shaft outboard with less than 10hrs running from new
- Galvanised combination road and launch trailers with rachet strap and lighting board
- Anchor, lines, 2 fenders, oars, rowlocks, bailer, paddle, boat cover
- Original builder’s certificate, brochure, review, Owner’s manual, rigging instructions, maintenance receipts.
Can be viewed by appointment with me at Ipswich close to A12/A14 junction.
If a purchaser did not require the outboard or combination trailer, a significant reduction in price could be negotiated.
Vessel type: Gaff rig GRP Sailing dinghy, wood trim/spars with stainless steel centreboard / rudder blade.
Year constructed: 2000
Length over all: 12' 6 & bowsprit
Beam: 4' 10”
Capacity 3 persons,
Hull material: Glass Fibre
Hull colour: Aqua, white, red
Dry Weight: 225 lbs
...Read full description