As one of the last of the Dehler 34 Series. Presented in good condition and fitted with very direct wheel steering and unlike many of her sister ships – Ostara is also fitted with the superb self tacking jib system enabling use of either self-tacking jib or conventional genoa.
She has an extensive inventory and a very good maintenance and upgrade record most of which are shown in the full details.
Dehler 34 Nova Top Built in 1991 and designed by Van de Stadt White GRP
Anti skid Dehler decks
Iron fin keel
Length Overall: 10.36m - 34'
Beam: 3.40m - 11' 1"
Draft: 1.70m - 5' 6" Dispalcement 4000 kgs
Ballast 1800 kgs
Mechanicals and Electrics
Yanmar 3gm, 27hp three cylinder fresh water cooled engine
Gori folding 2 blade prop and spurs cutter Last service July 2020 Approx: 2700 hours ELECTRICS
Two 12v batteries domestic (2016)
One 12v dedicated engine start battery (2017)
Battery charger (25A Ctek M25). Separate Ctek trickle charger for engine battery. Adverc charging regulator
NASA BM battery monitor fitted
Two solar panels mounted on deck and charging via own regulator
LED bulbs fitted to most interior lights
Masthead anchor and tricolour lights
Full set lower nav lights and steaming light
Shore power lead
Standard 6 berth layout (forecabin/aft cabin and saloon) finished in Nova ash white with mahogany timber trim, pearl white headlinings with light grey trim panels
Dehler upholstery to saloon and aft cabin
2 burner hob/grill and oven with gas detector. (Gas tested May 2019)
Pressurised water (cold only) to galley and heads and to shower outlet in cockpit
Fridge unit to cold box WC with holding tank. Tank and pipes replaced in 2019 Eberspacher diesel heater with outlets to saloon/forecabin and aft cabin
CD radio with ipod input and cockpit and saloon speakers
Binnacle mounted steering compass
Cockpit mounted Raymarine ST60 instruments (3) comprising wind, multi and tri data
New mast head wind sensor 2020
Raymarine e7 chart plotter on binnacle in scan strut housing (2015)
Raymarine EV-100 autopilot with wheel drive and rudder position sensor (2019)
Raymarine AIS 700 Class B Transceiver with integrated VHF antenna switch
Chart table mounted ST60 multi instrument
ST60’s and new AIS, Plotter and Autopilot networked with Seatalk to Seatlak NG adaptor. AIS data and all other data available on plotter
Garmin GPS (linked to DSC VHF) at chart table
Icom DSC VHF at chart table
ICS Navtext printer at chart table
Silver anodised mast (deck stepped, fractional single spreader), boom and spinnaker pole (2017)
Stainless steel standing rigging (1x19 7mm) replaced in 2014
Mast mounted firdel radar reflector
Self tacking jib track
Furlex genoa reefing system
Self tailing winches – 2x genoa, 2x spinnaker and 2x halyards All controls lead aft to cockpit self tailing winches
Dehler main drop (Stack pack) and quick reef system - Serviced 2018 SAILS
Sanders (Dimension Polyant Vectron) Fully battened mainsail (2015). Mainsail in superb condition with only around 700nm logged. Maintained annually by Doyle at Universal Marina
Genoa (radial cut) with sacrificial uv strip-in reasonable condition
Small high cut self tacker jib
Self tacking jib - 2012 Sanders sails (Dimension Polyant Vectron) maximum size (almost 100%) battened Spinnaker (white) - excellent condition but unknow age (used once a year in the RTI race)
Spinnaker bag launch bag/turtle (2017)
Cruising chute (yellow – tired but useable)
Genoa/jib cover (hoisted by halyard and protects rolled sail)
Mainsail gooseneck cover
CQR Anchor/chain and warp and anchor ball and motoring triangle
Cockpit extension to spray hood with stainless steel frame (zips to spray hood and totally encloses cockpit)
Wheel and binnacle covers – New 2016
Custom made blue heavy canvas winter cover which covers entire deck for winter storage
Sliding spring cleats on genoa track
Genoa/main/jib and spinnaker sheets
Gas bottle and spare
Teak Cockpit table/stowage bag and mounting leg and socket
Winch handles x 2
• Life sling, horseshoe lifebuoy and light. • Stazo security lock to main hatch
Jackstays to side decks and harness clip on points in cockpit
1. Annually engine serviced by mechanics
2. Annually antifouled by owners/professionals
3. Annual sail (main, self-tacker and genoa) valet and maintenance by Doyle at Universal Marina
4. 2020 – General maintenance by owner on water. Lift out delayed by lockdown. Owner planning to undertake the following during/following used boat show. a. Antifoul b. Anodes c. Topside and deck polish and wax d. Heater service 5. July 2020 – Engine serviced by TS Marine
6. 2019 – New autopilot and AIS.
7. 2019 – Gas safety test.
8. 2019 – Chart table instrument wiring tidy up by marine electrician.
9. 2019 – Repainted deck non slip paint.
10. 2019 – New genoa sheets
11. 2018 – New mainsheet traveller (Barton) 12. 2018 – New diesel heater exhaust
13. 2018 – New raw water strainer
14. 2018 – New cutlass bearing
15. 2018 – New stern gland (Volvo type)
16. 2017 – Toilet in and out skin fittings and seacocks.
17. 2017 – New gas hoses and regulator
18. 2016 – New battery chargers (CTEK)
19. 2016 – New binnacle cover 20. 2016 – New galvanic isolator
21. 2015 – New mainsail.
22. 2015 - New Raymarine e9 chart plotter and Scanstrut binnacle mount.
23. 2014 - New standing rigging purchased and fitted via Hamble Yacht Services (forestay/cap and lower shrouds/backstay and all bottlescrews)
24. 2014 – New halyards.
25. 2014 - Keel removed, bolts checked (fine), keel top face cleaned, and epoxy coated and keel re-installed at Hamble Yacht Services. Previous owner
26. 2013 solar panels and regulator fitted.
27. 2013 Eberspacher serviced
28. 2012 Engine and WC seacocks, renewed by Gosport boat yard
29. 2012 Stern gland (Volvo type) renewed by Gosport Boat yard
30. 2012 main and genoa valeted and washed by Arthurs
31. 2012 new selftacker from Sanders Sails
32. 2012 rudder refinished by Gosport Boat Yard
33. 2011 BM battery monitor installed
34. 2011/12 hull scraped to bare and reantifouled
35. 2010 non slip deck repainted.
36. 2010 new rudder bearings supplied and fitted by Gosport Boat Yard
37. 2010 new maindrop system purchased and fitted
38. 2010 replacement genoa cover purchased
39. 2009/10 engine and domestic batteries renewed (3 in total)
40. 2009 AIS purchased and fitted
41. 2009 new WC fitted with new pipework
42. 2009 replacement new lewmar forehatch fitted
43. 2009 new gas cooker installed – key connections completed by Southampton Calor Gas centre. 44. 2008 new replacement eberspacher D2 purchased and fitted
45. 2008 replacement lewmar portlight glazing to chart table and galley
46. 2008 rig checked and tuned by Aladdins riggers - Burlsedon
47. 2007 new replacement sprayhood
48. 2007 new gori folding prop fitted
49. 2006 forecabin reupholstered 50. 2006 – wheel steering binnacle serviced (replacement bearings) by Winch Servicing (whitlock specialists) and subsequently replacement of both track rod ends 51. 2006 new fridge unit fitted
52. 2005 spurs rope cutter purchased and fitted
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Read more