A yawl rigged open daysailer built by Honor Marine in 2003, Hull Identification Number GB-HNRDC003A303. Included in the sale are a complete sailing rig, a Suzuki 2.5HP 4-stroke outboard engine, and a set of 5 oars and crutches, allowing the Dabber to be sailed, powered or pulled/rowed.
The boat is being sold on behalf of a Scout Group and is a reluctant sale as it is a lovely looking craft and is still in good condition. Unfortunately, it just doesn’t suit our needs anymore and has sat unused for 5 years! We would much rather it went to a good home than watch it deteriorate.
The boat and trailer were initially stored indoors but have spent the last 7 years stored outside under a boat cover. The cover is looking the worse for wear and will need replacing but it has done it’s job. The rest of the boat is in full working order and is ready to sail straight away. There are a number of cosmetic scratches and scuffs along the sides of the hull and some at the bow and transom. The gel coat is sound and there are no visible cracks or chips. The woodwork is also generally good and the only thing of note is that a gap has formed between the gunwales and inwales, most likely due to weathering.
During outside storage, the trailer has been supported on axle stands to keep the road wheels off the ground. All the sails, spars, and accessories have been stored indoors their whole life. The outboard engine has also spent it’s life indoors and only has 12.5 running hours on it. It was wintered in Sep-16 and run up Aug-19 immediately prior to listing. All servicing has been done in-house and a service record has been kept.
Our Scouting livery was still on at the time these photos were taken but has since been removed.
• RCD Category C
• GRP hull and deck
• Expanded foam buoyancy
• Spruce masts and spars
• Hardwood trim, keel band, and bilge runners
• Terylene sails
• Bronze fittings
• Ash lifting tiller with epoxy/varnished marine ply rudder
• Fitted bilge pump
• Galvanised steel centreplate
• Brass stemband
• Aft stowage locker and 2x fwd lockers
• All masts and spars (main, mizzen, bowsprit, and bumpkin)
• Complete sail set (main, mizzen, and jib)
• All running and standing rigging
• 5 oars and 4 bronze crutches
• Suzuki 2.5hp 4-stroke outboard engine
• Galvanised un-braked road trailer with removable hitch lock
• Danforth anchor, chain, warp, and float
• 2x mooring lines
• Pair of cylindrical fenders
• Full canvas boat cover
• Ratchet securing straps
• Trailer board
• 15L external fuel tank. Used on previous engine, Yamaha connector
Draft (centre plate raised): 0.2m
Draft (centre plate lowered): 0.91m
Overall sail area: 10.96 sq m