Sailing BoatsCustom Built9m MotorsailerUnited Kingdom
A unique motor sailer in the style of the iconic 'Down East' picnic boats from the USA.
Lovingly created by her previous owners around the hull of a Clyde built motor launch from the 1940's ISLA was fully rebuilt between 2012 and 2017. Now she boasts:
Epoxy coated monocoque hull, laminated, epoxy sheathed deck and superstructure, Beta Marine 30hp diesel engine, alloy mast and Douglas Fir boom, mainsail and Jib by Jeckells Sails.
Easily driven to hull speed by her efficient modern diesel engine she is also a pleasure to sail off the wind. Available again due to a sudden change in her owners circumstances.
- "ISLA" was designed to be a comfortable boat for short trips with a crew of two.
- Large fo'c'sole with hooks for storage of warps, oilskins, sails, etc. Privacy screen and toilet bucket.
- 2 single berths port and starboard with storage lockers beneath each.
- Deckhouse with Origo stove to port with worktop/chart table and storage beneath.
- Storage to starboard.
- Bench seat aft with fuel tank beneath.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Low aspect, keel stepped, masthead sloop rig.
- Mast of alloy construction.
- Boom of douglas fir construction.
- Forestay, backstay and single shroud port and starboard.
- Laced mainsail with hank-on jib.
- Deckhouse roof mounted mainsheet.
- Mainsail - White dacron, laced onto mast, no reefs. Jeckells Sails. (2017).
- Jib - White dacron, hank-on. Jeckells Sails. (2017).
- Cruising Chute.
- DECK FITTINGS
- Stainless steel stemhead fitting forming chainplate for forestay with integral single bow roller.
- Varnished teak toerail running the length of the deck outboard.
- Deck mounted stainless steel stanchions supporting single guard wire extending to aft end of cockpit.
- Stainless steel capped wooden Samson post centrally through foredeck.
- Two stainless steel mooring cleats outboard, port and starboard forward, two midships and two aft.
- Three stainless steel, low-profile closable vents, two on foredeck, one on aft deck.
- Varnished teak grabrails running along outboard edges of the deckhouse.
- Shaped cockpit coaming running around cockpit to provide protection from the weather.
- Shaped, varnished teak tiller.
- Short section of deck, aft of cockpit.
- Self-draining cockpit with sole made up of hinged hatches giving access to the engine, sterngear and storage lockers.
- Finished in grey non-slip paint panels.
- Thwart style bench seating running down port and starboard sides of cockpit with single thwart spanning the cockpit aft.
- Mainsail Cover
- Jib Cover
- Cockpit Awning
- MOORING AND GROUND TACKLE
- Bower Anchor - 10kg Delta anchor on chain/warp rodes.
- Kedge Anchor - 10kg Delta anchor on chain/warp rodes.
- Fenders - Selection
- Warps – Selection
- NAVIGATION INSTRUMENTATION
- Depth - NASA Clipper
- Log - NASA Clipper
- Compass - Suunto magnetic compass
...Read full description
- Beta Marine 30hp diesel, 3 cylinder, naturally aspirated indirectly cooled.
- Deluxe control panel with rev counter, oil pressure, water temperature and voltage gauges.
- The engine is located in the bilge space beneath the cockpit sole with hatch to provide full access to the engine and sterngear.
- Hurth mechanical gearbox.
- Single lever morse control.
- Aquadrive type flexible coupling. (2017)
- Greased stern bearing.
- Stainless steel propeller shaft.
- 3 blade, bronze propeller (2017)
- New exhaust system, including 2 Vetus silencers. (2017)
- Engine Battery - Yuasa 12v, 80Ah, lead acid.
- Domestic Battery - Yuasa 12v, 80Ah, lead acid.