Ketch rigged motor sailor, Volvo 59hp, 5/6 berths in 2 cabins, two heads/showers, spacious deck saloon and large galley.
Sailed for only 6 weeks over her first 3 seasons she was then dry-stored in a purpose-built boat shed for 20 years. In 2014 she was upgraded by Jeremy Rodgers Ltd and Greenham Regis to include new touch screen plotters, instruments and a powerful bow thruster.
Further upgrades in 2016 – 2019, including the fitting of a roller-furling genoa, lazy jacks to main and mizzen, a feathering propeller and the replacement of all sea-cocks have equipped her to a high standard and make for a wonderful all weather cruiser.
* Volvo MD22A 59 HP diesel engine
* Engine Hours - 897 hrs (Nov 2019)
* Shaft with Aquadrive
* 4 bladed Darglow FeatherStream propeller - 2019
* Lewmar Bowthruster - 2014
* Fuel capacity 455L -100 gallons
* 2 s/s tanks with access hatches sumps and drain valves
* Volvo centrifuge and filter/pre filter unit
* Range 1000 nm
* Maximum speed under power 7 knots
* Serviced annually by the owner
* Twin alternator charging
* 2 x 12 v Domestic gel batteries
* 1 x 12 v Engine gel battery
* 2 x Bowthruster batteries
* Sterling 12v 40ah battery charger - 2019
* Sterling Global Smart battery monitor
* Sterling galvonic isolator - 2014
* Shore power and cable
* 4 x 240v sockets
* 2 x 12v sockets
* Raymarine e125 hybrid touch plotter with AIS - 2014
* Raymarine Evolution autopilot with S100 remote - 2014
* Autohelm Seatalk GPS
* Autohelm depth
* Autohelm log
* Husun 70 marine VHF radio
* Compass Plastimo Contest 130
* Handheld VHF - Icom
* Handheld GPS - Garmin
* Raymarine e95 hybrid touch plotter with AIS - 2014
* Raymarine i60 wind instruments - 2014
* Raymarine i50 tridate Speed/depth/log - 2014
* Compass Horizon 135
Sails, Spars and Rigging
* Kemp masts and spars in silver anodised aluminium
* Both masts have factory-fitted tabernacles enabling them to be lowered easily without using a crane. Main shrouds terminate on the top of the custom granny bars creating a pivot inline with mast pivot.
* Using a custom wire bridle plus the Genoa halyard and spinnaker pole, the mast can be lowered under full control (full instructions on file)
* Stainless steel standing rigging - original
* Slab reefing with lazy jacks - 2017
* Mizzen with lazy jacks
* Full battens and cars added to main - 2017
* New Furlex - 2017
* Forestay - 2017 and Bobstay - 2018
* Spinnaker pole stored upright on mast
Sails* - All by Ratsey and Lapthorne in 1991 lightly used
Interior and Domestic
* 5/6 berths in 2 cabins plus saloon
* 2 x heads each with w.c., shower and wash basin
* Hot and cold pressurised water system
* Water capacity 455L -100 gallons in two separate stainless steel tanks
* Two grey water holding tanks
* Teak joinery work with purple check upholstery throughout
* 14 opening ports and hatches
* Forward cabin with twin vee bunks with stowage drawers and individual hanging lockers
* Aft cabin has a double berth and a seat with dressing table. In addition, there are drawers, hanging locker/wardrobe
* Custom fitted chart stowage and book shelves in the aft cabin
* Deck saloon with U shaped dinette to seat six converting to small double bunk plus a pipe cot berth
* Table folds out for bigger groups
* Galley with Plastimo two burner butane gas cooker and oven and grill, fridge and twin sinks and cold box
* Stowage for crockery, cutlery and utensils
* Large work surfaces with ample stowage
* Additional stowage beneath saloon seating
* Internal steering position
* Pioneer CD radio with SD card slot - 2014
* GRP deck with treadmaster non slip
* Delta 55 lb main anchor with 55m chain
* Twin Bow rollers
* Fortress kedge anchor
* Lofrans Condor 1500 W electric windlass with manual backup and separate friction brake and clutch
* Whittall quality stainless steel davits. Can be folded-in to reduce overhang (LOA).
* Custom made cockpit table
* Large rear cockpit locker
* Boarding ladder
* S/S Guardwires with side gates
* S/S custom guard rail round stern, aft of companionway with gate at transom
* Warps and fenders with 2 rubber snubbers
* Yacht legs (available by separate negotiation). These allow the boat to dry-out easily and safely on drying moorings. Manufactured by the Yacht Leg company (very high spec), they are height adjustable whilst in use. Hull fittings already installed and included within the sale.
* One Andersen 46 self tailing 2 genoa winch
* One Andersen 28 self tailing main sheet winch
* Two Andersen 28 halyard winches
* One Andersen 10 reefing winch
* Automatic and manual bilge pumps
* Full length webbing jack stays
* Bilge/engine room fan
* Fire blanket
* 3 x Fire extinguishers
* Anchor ball
* Emergency tiller
* Handheld spotlight 5 million candle power
* Fog horn
* Lazy jack bags for main and Mizzen - 2017
* Original sail covers - as new
* Small awning for rear cockpit
* Windlass cover
* Custom made cockpit seat cushions
* Dodgers around aft cockpit - 2018
* All seacocks replaced - 2017
* Last survey 2016
* Designed by Wyatt and Freeman (designers of the Fisher Motorsailers). Built by Blondicell of Lymington
* 2 x 7kg gas bottles in stb deck locker
* 5 winch handles
* Bills of Sale from new
* Original purchase invoice to Evidence VAT status
* SSR certificate
* Full and comprehensive owners manual
After her delivery voyage to NW Scotland in 1991 for her first owner, Sona Breac was used for three 2 week family cruises over the next three years. After that she was kept in a purpose built boat shed until 2013, when she was sailed to Lymington.
As a result of being protected from the elements and little use for the 20 year gap, she is in truly remarkable condition for her years. In 2014 she underwent a very extensive modernisation and improvement programme, with the fitting of a powerful bowthruster, (by Jeremy Rogers), and a full array of modern Raymarine instruments, (by Greenham Regis), including AIS, autopilot, two chart plotters and wind instruments.
To many she is the perfect all weather cruiser and we have spent three very happy years cruising to the West Country, France and the Channel Islands.
She is remarkably manoeuvrable under power, we can turn her in her own length and move her sideways. She is built to a high standard rather than to a price. The deck saloon is a beautiful place to watch the world go by.
You can walk all around the boat on one level, with extra high guard rails and rear solid rails giving a feeling of safety.
Wyatt and Freeman designed her to sail, with her powerful full battened main, big genoa and feathering propeller, she sails well on all points of sailing from 60 degrees off the wind.
We searched for a very long time to find a Cromarty 36 in such immaculate condition before, to our delight, we came across Sona Breac. Reluctantly for health reasons we are now retiring from sailing.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
NOTE - Please ring our offices prior to visiting, as the boat may be unavailable for viewing or located at a different marina.
For a full, detailed specification and additional photographs visit our website at www.watersideboatsales.com ...Read full description