The Imexus 27 was designed by a German distributor of MacGregor Yachts. They loved the concept of a water ballasted, trailer-sailer with an option to high speed motor, but felt the concept could be much better executed. The Odin 820 and Imexus 27 were born. They are far superior in build to the MacGregor 26M, with more rigid superstructure, better layout, oak interior, larger engines, side decks and improved cockpit.
The Imexus 27 makes a fantastic weekend boat. With minimal draft it can dry out on the sand and get in and out of shallow harbours at all stages of the tide, including at full flow, due to the powerful Honda BF90. C rated for wind strength 1-6 and 2 metre waves.
Spec including Honda BF90 engine, custom built road trailer and Copper Coat antifouling.
The interior space is unparalleled on a boat of this length. The outboard frees up large amounts of space enabling the vast aft bed and midships heads.
The large open space with no bulkheads makes in a pleasure to be in night and day.
This would make a fantastic boat for a couple or family.
Just two owners from new. Priced to sell.
• LOA – 8.8m (Including Bowsprit and Engine)
• Length – 27ft
• Beam - 2.5m (For trailing)
• Swing keel with draft of 1.45m when down and 0.35 when up.
• Displacement - 2165kg
• Bulk Ballast - 755kg. Keel with led ballast and water ballast.
• Approx speed under engine 14kts.
Hull, Deck and Keel
• White GRP hull and superstructure with blue style stripes and decks with moulded non-slip surfaces.
• Teak effect decking in cockpit.
• Professional epoxy and copper coat antifouling system.
• Water ballast system with lifting keel (750Kg water ballast, 55Kg fixed ballast for ease of launching and trailing.
• Lifting centreboard operated by line led aft to cockpit.
• Twin lifting rudders.
• Wheel steering to outboard and rudders.
• Self draining cockpit and anchor well.
• Rubber rubbing strakes.
Interior and Accommodation
The accommodation offers 4 generous berths, with up to 6/7 at a push, in the open plan cabin with approx. 5'10/1.77m headroom. Blue upholstery, Oak finished cabinetry with moulded headlining throughout.
Forepeak - Double V berth forward with stowage beneath, shelves and hatch to foredeck.
Saloon - with settees to port and starboard with stowage beneath and eye level lockers. Central saloon table.
Galley - Linear galley aft to port with stowage in various lockers and fitted racks.
• Origo 1400 2-burner spirit stove.
• Moulded sink.
• Electrically pumped water system
Heads/toilet - Separate heads compartment aft to starboard with chemical toilet, washbasin and storage cupboard.
Aft Accommodation - Very large full width double/triple berth extending under cockpit.
Deck / Deck Equipment
• Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit, stanchions and guardwires.
• Stainless steel grab handles and boarding ladder.
• Teak effect decking in cockpit.
• Swimming ladder.
• Binnacle with custom made cockpit table.
• Danforth style 10Kg anchor with 40ft Chain plus additional warp
• Navionics Fish Finder / Plotter / Depth Gauge
• Steering compass.
Rig and Sails
• Slab reefing mainsail.
• Headsail furling system (Needs attention)
• Adjustable Genoa cars.
• Twin cabin roof mounted self-tailing winches
• Fully Battened Mainsail with lazyjack system
• Furling Genoa
Machinery and Propulsion
• Honda BF-90 4-stroke petrol outboard engine, transom mounted with single lever control with power trim/tilt and electric start.
• 3 blade aluminium prop.
• Binnacle mounted steering wheel with fuel gauge and rev counter
• Regular Annual Service with fully stamped service record.
Systems and Tankage
• 55L. Newly replaced with fuel filter system
• 60L water tank.
• 2 x Batteries New in 2018
• Batteries charged via engine alternator
• 12v & 230v sockets throughout.
• Full cabin lighting provided by 12v battery supply
• Navigation lights
• Shore power inlet in cockpit with 3 pin sockets in cabin.
• Mainsail boom bag with lazy jacks
• Custom Made Sprayhood in blue.
• Custom Made Full cockpit cover / bimini
• Horseshoe lifebuoy.
• Fire extinguisher.
• Fire Blanket.
• Electric bilge pump.
• Manual bilge pump.
• Custom built 4-wheel galvanised braked road trailer
• Boat Hooks
• Assorted lines
Amethyst has been well cared for, with some age-related wear, but is in generally good condition. The engine has been regularly serviced. Owners manual and full history file included.
...Read full description