Sailing BoatsBlue Water CruisersMoody471 Custom
1986 Moody 471 Custom
I have lived aboard the vessel since 2017. Previously owned by a British Lord and a member yacht of the Royal Yacht Squadron, the "George Harwood" is a very attractive yacht with Moody's classic lines. She was one of the last Moodys to be built at their yard in Swanwick. The 471 Custom has earned a great reputation as a solidly built bluewater cruiser, and with large fuel and water tanks would be a perfect long distance, bluewater liveaboard. With a length of 14.16m and a beam of 4.47m she offers very comfortable accommodation with plenty of space and exceptional lockers/storage area. She is presently docked in Malta. £79,900.
- Coppercoated in 2017. Hull in very good condition. Hull presently being sanded and polished.
- 1 master cabin
4 bunks in two cabins
2 berths in saloon.
- Thorneycroft T150 63hp engine
2020 salt water impeller pump
2020 starter motor
2020 12v 40a Sterling battery charger (installed outside of engine compartment)
2020 battery isolator with exciter current outlet
2020 starter battery
4 110ah house batteries
- 2020 Jabsco water pressurisation pump
- 2020 Whale Gulper 220 Shower Pump
- 2 heads/showers
- Plenty of storage space
- 2019 Honda Power EU22i generator
- 8 house batteries of unknown age
- 3 blade prop with rope cutter
- 2020 42KG anchor and 70 meters 10mm ISO galvanised chain.
- Spare 35lb CQR anchor
- 2019 Lofrans Tigres windless and 100a circuit breaker
- Spare working Lofrans Tigres windless (uesd)
- Raytheon E120 chart plotter with radar
- Garmin GPS 152
- Autohelm 6000 autopilot
- IDSC VHF simrad 68
- Full set of ST 60+wind instruments, including close haul indicator, log, depth.
- 2019 HA-102 AIS transponder
- 2015 Furlex rigging on both head sails
- Seldon mast
- 2002 stainless steel standing rigging(some oversize) inspected in U.K.in 2017.
- 2019 conventional slab 3-reef mainsail
- Genoa and staysail
- Storm gib
- Solid boom vang
- 12 Lewmar winches -- 2 primary winches electric
- 2020 dry powder fire extinguishers
- 2017 flare pack
- 2019 Arimar coastal liferaft
- 2020 life jackets (2)
- 2020 AC water transfer pump.
- Emergency tiller
- 2019 Mercury 3.5hp outboard.
- 2020 dingy.
...Read full description