1 of 68
|Class||Ketch sailing boats|
|Offered By||boatpoint at Conwy Marina|
We introduce for sale this Gulfstar 50 ketch 1983, solid and seaworthy. With recent maintenance undertaken she has been meticulously cared for by her current owner.
Built by Gulfstar Yachts and designed by Vince & Richard Lazarra,this beautiful cruising ketch features great lines with a spacious interior and comfortable deck areas. The center cockpit design is the extra interior space that is gained. The cockpit is large and comfortable plus has excellent visibility. Side decks are easy to navigate and there is plenty of deck space for sail handling, or stretching out in the sun. She is afloat and ready for round the world cruising - moored on the River Conwy, Conwy North Wales.
Bills of sale for all previous owners
Spanish tax and VAT documents
EPIRB database report
Ships Radio Licence
|Fresh Water Tank|
A ketch-centre cockpit cruiser, with a fin keel and skeg rudder: the Gulfstar 50 is a 15.2 m/50ft monohull sailboat designed by Vince & Richard Lazarra and built by Gulfstar Yachts 1983. Fiberglass hull (white).
L.O.A: 50' 7"
BEAM: 13' 7"
• Perkins Engine HP: 85hp Engine Model: 4236 Rebuilt and reinstalled April 2023 – Engine rebuild (new liners, piston / rings, shells, seals, new oil coolers and hoses, etc. Injectors serviced, head skimmed and rebuilt. New raw water pump, heat exchanger refurbished, new prop shaft, cutlass bearing and PSS shaft seal.
• Borg Warner velvet Drive 2/1 reduction • Cable Controls • Gori 3-Blade Folding Prop • Rope Cutter • Skeg hung Rudder. • Small reverse Transom
• x 6 6v Batteries (New Nov 2018) – 630Ah house bank. • 120amp Engine Battery • 210amp Balmar Alternator with Smart Regulator (New Nov 04) • x 2 85W Solar Panels • Air X Wind Generator (New 2004) – Working but requires new bearings. • Freedom 10 Inverter/Charger to supply 220v system. • 220v Shore Power • Heart Interface control panel • EU1 Honda Generator • x 3 Clocks • x 1 Barometer
• Pressurised hot and cold water system with Calorifier (New 2018) • 1KW, 240V Water Heater. • 10GPH Plastimo Water maker (not used, requires reconnecting)
•Fuel: 100 Gallons (x 1 tank) •Water: 200 Gallons (x 1 tank) •Holding: 45 Gallons (not in use)
• Ketch Rig • Aluminium Spars • Standing Rigging (New 96) – Mizzen standing rigging replaced 2017, Main forestay replaced 2021. • Running Rigging (some New England Braid rope 2003 others replaced 2000 • Slab Mainsail Reefing & Mizzen • x 2 Headsail Furling (Headsail is Schaefer and staysail is Profurl, both large and heavy duty). • x 2 Keel Stepped Masts • Mainsail supplied in 2021 by Boatshed, not used. • Mizzen supplied in 2021 by Boatshed, not used. • Genoa & UV Strip by Scatteur – Serviced in 2021 • Staysail new 2000, serviced 2021, good condition. • Drifter by Scatteur (need a small repair).
• ACR EPIRB (New 2003) • Furuno GPS (New 2002) • FM1721 VHF/DSC Radio (New 2002) with cockpit speaker. • Iridium Sat Phone (New 2002, need new SIM card) • Raymarine Log/Speed with i70 display at the helm, New 2022 (requires bronze through hole fitting) • Raymarine Depth Sounder with i70 display at the helm, New 2022. • Raymarine Axiom 7 chart plotter at the helm, New 2022 • Sunato Compass • Alpha 3000 Autopilot • Furuno SSB Transceiver • Raymarine C80 chart plotter in companionway.
•Teak trim deck including toe rails • rubbing strake • cockpit trim and companion hatch. • 60lbs galvanised CQR Anchor with 80m of 3/8in Chain • 45lbs CQR Anchor with 10m of 3/8in Chain and 100m of Warp • 22lb Danforth Kedge Anchor with Chain and Warp. • Other various small Anchors • Maxwell 2200 Electric Windlass • Numerous Warps & Shore Lines • Many Large Fenders • x 2 Berient 32 Sheet Winches • x 2 Lewmar 30 Sheet Winches • x 2 Brient 22 Halyard Winches • Brient 18 Mainsheet Winch • Brient 18 Mizzen Sheet Winch • x 3 Brient 18 Topping lift winches and reefing winches • Boarding Ladder • Teak Cockpit Grating • Sprayhood and all over cockpit canopy, New 2021. • Stack Packs and lazy jacks, New 2019.
• Plastimo Ocean Life raft (New 2003, serviced 2006) • Gas Auto shut off. • Hand-held Horn • x 4 Fire Extinguishers • x 1 Automatic Fire Extinguisher in engine room (New 2006) • Fire Blanket • x 3 Automatic Bilge Pumps • x 1 Manual Bilge Pump • x 4 Lifejackets • x 4 Harnesses • x 2 Combined Lifejacket & Harnesses • Rigid Life sling • Stainless Steel Safety Rails (Granny Bars) fitted to both Masts.
• Avon 10ft roll-away Dinghy (New 2003) • Davits fitted to accommodate either dinghy. • Yamaha 8hp Outboard Engine, Just been rebuilt by Bil Higham Marine. • 10ft Microboat + 3.5 HP Tohatsu 4 stroke engine, new 2022. • Antifouled April 2023 • Epoxy treatment Nov 2005 • Reads Sailmakers sawing machine (hand operated). • X 5 20 litre Fuel Cans • Extensive Fishing Gear • Charcoal Barbecue • Dive equipment; x 2 air bottles, stab-jacket, demand valve, weight belt.
INTERIOR/DOMESTIC 6 berths in 3 cabins • Teak fittings and trim throughout • Upholstery (New 2005) • Dickinson diesel cabin heater plumbed from main fuel tank. • Webasto Thermo Top heating with 3 fan driven outlets, New 2018 • Navigation Area • Bosun's store with work bench and vice • x 2 Heads both with wash hand basin & 1 with shower. • Jabsco Toilets (x 2 new 2010) • Force 10 Gimballed Cooker with 3-Burner Oven and Grill (New 2003) • Microwave (New 2007) • Fridge with Freezer unit (New 2005) • Twin Galley Sink • Ample storage • Pressurised hot and cold water system with Calorifier (New 2018) • 1KW, 240V Water Heater. • 10GPH Plastimo Water maker (not used, requires reconnecting). • Quantity of cooking equipment, crockery and cutlery are include
For a full, detailed specification with additional photographs and direct contact details for the listing office visit our website
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Unless otherwise stated on the specification sheet the following presumptions are made
Sail drive and shaft seals are more than 5 years of age
Fuel and gas hoses and regulators are over 5 years old
Standing rigging and sails are more than 10 years old
NOTE - Please ring our offices prior to visiting, as the boat may be unavailable for viewing or located at a different marina.